Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blog # 16 --Research Project

For my Research Project, I am choosing to focus on the topic of "Bilingual Education". This topic seems interesting, considering it reflects on how various people in our world speak several languages, while being in College or a school-setting. In my opinion, Bilingual Education is fascinating because it can make you realize how there are people out there who know how to conversate in either Spanish, French, English, Portugese, ... etc.

Throughout this Project, you will learn several aspects regarding "Bilingual Education", such as "How can someone learn to speak more than one language?", "Are there any classes someone can take to receive assistance and guidance in learning new languages?", "Do you need to be raised in knowing a certain language in order to speak it more fluently?", and "Could speaking a different language in class cause problems?"

Moreover, I would study this topic on the college campus by asking some of my bilingual speaker friends how they cope with language barriers. I realize how it must be difficult for them to understand how professor's speak, considering most of them usually only speak in English. Also, I want to study the topic this way because it will be interesting to me with learning how various languages could interfere and/or enable a person's education. My method would consist of "Ethnography", since it focuses on using people in society which will assist me in developing findings of data to use in reflecting my evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment